Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) Specialist in Springfield MO
At Beautiful You Med Spa, we provide scalp micro-pigmentation, a non-surgical cosmetic technique that involves tattooing the scalp to mimic the natural appearance of hair follicles. For more information call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 600 W Republic Rd A-112 Springfield, MO 65807.
Table of Contents:
Thinning or balding hair is a common concern faced by both men and women. Fortunately, there are a number of effective modalities that can restore the appearance of a full head of hair. In the past, only invasive procedures were available for the restoration of hair, but now there are several different noninvasive or minimally invasive options to choose from. In terms of popularity, one of the fastest-growing hair restoration treatments is scalp micropigmentation (SMP).
SMP, which is short for scalp micropigmentation, is a form of cosmetic tattooing that uses a needle to deposit small amounts of colored pigment into the hair follicles of the scalp. The procedure is typically performed in a clinical setting by a licensed medical professional using very small tattoo needles and a special ink that is designed for this purpose. The ink is used to provide coverage to areas of thinning or balding scalp, which can be achieved without the use of hair transplants. It can also be used to change the color of a person’s hair in a very subtle way. The procedure is non-invasive, which means that there are no incisions or scarring, and is generally performed using a micropigmentation machine, a handheld device that applies the pigment to the scalp.
While not guaranteed, yes, it is possible to regrow hair after scalp micropigmentation. The inks used in SMP do not damage the follicles, so future hair growth should not be negatively affected.
Good candidates for SMP include:
• Men who suffer from male pattern baldness
• Women who suffer from female pattern baldness
• Individuals with scars from scarring alopecia
• Individuals with autoimmune diseases such as:
• Alopecia Areata
• Alopecia Totalis
• Men and women with thinning hair
• Individuals with neurosurgery scars
• Chemotherapy patients
• Individuals who desire greater hair density
• Individuals with scarring from donor harvesting techniques
• People who dislike their hairpieces/wigs
• People with dark-colored skin who suffer from Traction Alopecia
• Individuals with Trichotillomania
Scalp micropigmentation provides a number of incredible advantages over other hair restoration treatments. Benefits of SMP include:
• Improving the appearance of hair’s thickness — SMP is intended to provide the illusion of a fuller head of hair, with results that are noticeable immediately following the treatment.
• Concealing irregularities on the scalp with natural results — SMP can cover up scalp abnormalities, even unsightly scars from a hair transplant.
• Non-chemical procedure — Because SMP is a non-chemical procedure, there are no adverse effects. Additionally, because SMP does not require an incision, there is no risk of infection, which is a common concern in hair transplant patients.
• Pain-free process — Most clients are comfortable during the procedure, stating the sensation as no more than a 2 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most uncomfortable making SMP a much more comfortable procedure than other hair restoration treatments.
• Time-saving — Since SMP is a simple and straightforward procedure and only takes a few sessions, people who undergo this treatment will save a great deal of time and effort in achieving a natural-looking appearance.
• Minimal recovery time — Because SMP is a non-invasive technique, the recovery time is relatively minimal; patients can resume their normal activities immediately.
• Requires Little Maintenance — The pigmentation can last for years without fading, minimizing the number of hair products needed to maintain a natural appearance.
If you have thinning hair and want to achieve a fuller appearance without undergoing invasive procedures, come to Beautiful You Med Spa for scalp micropigmentation. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online with our SMP specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 600 W Republic Rd A-112 Springfield, MO 65807. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients from Springfield MO, Marshfield MO, Ozark MO, Nixa MO, Battlefield MO, Willard MO, Republic MO, and beyond.