Dermal Fillers Specialist in Springfield MO
Get rid of wrinkles and achieve a younger-looking face with our dermal fillers treatment at Beautiful You Med Spa. For more information call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 600 W Republic Rd A-112 Springfield, MO 65807.
Table of Contents:
A dermal filler specialist is a medical professional who specializes in the use of injectable solutions and substances to improve the appearance of the skin. A dermal filler is a gel-like substance that is injected into the dermis layer of the skin, which is the second deepest layer and is responsible for skin structure, color, and hydration. The most common dermal fillers used by doctors are hyaluronic acid and collagen, both of which promote enhanced volume and skin hydration.
Also known as dermal fillers, fillers are non-surgical treatments that are used to improve the appearance of facial features such as the cheeks, lips, and nasolabial folds (the lines between the nose and mouth). Dermal fillers have a wide range of uses, including eliminating common concerns such as wrinkles, hollowness, sunken features, and facial furrows. The most common dermal filler is hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance that is present in the connective tissues of the body. One of its primary roles is to provide lubrication to the joints as it can hold one thousand times its weight in water. Dermal fillers are most commonly used to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles, such as around the eyes and mouth, and to improve the appearance of skin tone and texture.
The most common types of fillers include:
• Hyaluronic Acid — Hyaluronic acid is, by far, the most popular ingredient used in dermal fillers. These types of fillers are most commonly used to improve the contour of the skin and reduce different sorts of depressions in the skin, including rhytides, wrinkles, scars, and other tissue injuries.
• Polyalkylimide — Compared to hyaluronic acid, polyalkylimide is quite a bit different as it is a semi-permanent dermal filler. The most common use for this type of filler is to treat deep wrinkles like depressed scars and nasolabial folds.
• Polylactic Acid — This type of filler is known as a stimulator as it enhances the body’s natural production of collagen, an essential skin protein responsible for tight and healthy skin. Used for over 40 years as a suture material, polylactic acid is a non-toxic and biodegradable substance.
Ideal candidates for dermal fillers:
• Are you in good physical health
• Do not smoke
• Have a positive outlook and realistic goals
• Are committed to maintaining good skin health
Besides being in good physical condition, one of the most important factors for candidacy is having realistic expectations about the procedure. While dermal fillers are long-lasting, they can only achieve temporary results; after 6 to 12 months, their effects will begin to diminish.
The benefits of fillers include:
• Immediate Results — The results of fillers are immediately noticeable as they add volume to the area of injection right away. What is even better is that the results will gradually improve over the next few weeks, until the full benefits are realized.
• No Downtime — Because fillers are minimally invasive, they do not come with any downtime or recovery periods, so patients can return to their normal, day-to-day routine without delay.
• Long-Lasting Effects — Fillers are one of the longest-lasting cosmetic treatments currently available, with many that provide results for up to a year, or even longer.
• Beneficial for the Skin — The substances used in dermal fillers are known to promote skin health by increasing hydration while also boosting collagen and elastin production.
• Subtle Results — Dramatic results are not the goal of fillers as any drastic changes are easily noticeable. Others should not be able to tell when a person has received fillers; when administered properly, fillers should enhance a person’s natural appearance, not completely alter how they look.
• Boosts Collagen Production — Collagen is an important skin protein that provides many benefits, but unfortunately, its production decreases with age. Dermal fillers can ameliorate this concern by increasing the body’s natural collagen production, which results in healthier, younger-looking skin.
At Beautiful You Med Spa, our experienced clinicians can help you achieve a more radiant, younger-looking appearance with dermal fillers. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online with our fillers specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 600 W Republic Rd A-112 Springfield, MO 65807. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients from Springfield MO, Marshfield MO, Ozark MO, Nixa MO, Battlefield MO, Willard MO, Republic MO, and beyond.